An Excellent Spirit has followed the events that took place in Benghazi, Libya on September 11th, 2012 when a United States “Consulate” was bombed, fired upon and set ablaze and the U. S. Ambassador to Libya and three American soldiers assigned as security to the Ambassador were murdered. Go here and here for a complete round up of the stories that An Excellent Spirit has carried to date.
Now that the Election is over and the New Year has begun, Americans still do not know what happened in Libya on September 11th. The families of those murdered still have no explanation of why their loved ones died in the service of the United States of America. The President has promised to bring those who perpetrated the murders to justice and Congress has promised a full investigation to inform the American people. Little or nothing has been done to date.
General David Patraeus, CIA Director, resigned on November 9th 2012 after a scandal about his personal life was made public. He met with US Senators thereafter. Here He testified before Congress on November 16th about Benghazi and his opinion that it was the result of terrorism, but the testimony was behind closed doors and sealed to keep secret the facts from our enemies and the American people from knowing what happened. That all was by Thanksgiving, last year.
The Holidays are over and the New Year begun and still little has been revealed. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has suffered a concussion and other injuries that prevent her, all these months later, from giving testimony. Republicans in the US Senate quite correctly have signaled that they will not vote to confirm her successor, US Senator John Kerry, unless and until Clinton gives that testimony. Brietbart has this story that a report lays the blame squarely at the feet of the State Department Clinton heads. “WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The State Department made a “grievous mistake” in keeping the U.S. mission in Benghazi open despite inadequate security and increasingly alarming threat assessments in the weeks before a deadly attack by militants, a Senate committee said on Monday. A report from the Senate Homeland Security Committee on the September 11 attacks on the U.S. mission and a nearby CIA annex, in which the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans died, faulted intelligence agencies for not focusing tightly enough on Libyan extremists. It also faulted the State Department for waiting for specific warnings instead of improving security. The committee’s assessment, “Flashing Red: A Special Report On The Terrorist Attack At Benghazi,” follows a scathing report by an independent State Department accountability review board that resulted in a top security official resigning and three others at the department being relieved of their duties.” Read the whole Brietbart story and learn how little we know and how much the President and Congress are doing to assure that we never learn the truth. Oh. yes. Hillary Clinton has been released from the hospital in New York, but with a new Congress about to be sworn in, a re-elected President who cared little for reveling his part in the Benghazi attack and aftermath and the families of the dead 2 Americans that much further from their grief and agony, what do you think the chances are that the promised investigation will ever take place?
The facts remain. Four US State Department officials died. A US Consular compound in Libya was over run by Al Qaeda terrorists and weapons stolen from that compound. The President and his advisors were provided with “real time” video of the attack that lasted over 7 hours and watched in the White House and State Department and at the CIA and other locations while our people were murdered.
The President of the United States, running for re-election, told the media that he gave orders that everything be done to secure our people within minutes of finding out of the attack. This October 26, 2012 story, by White House correspondent Jake Tapper details the President’s “orders”. “President Obama Begs Off Answering Whether Americans in Benghazi Were Denied Requests for Help” In an interview with a Denver TV reporter Friday, President Obama twice refused to answer questions as to whether the Americans under siege in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012, were denied requests for help, saying he’s waiting for the results of investigations before making any conclusions about what went wrong. After being asked about possible denials of requests for aid, and whether it’s fair to tell Americans that what happened is under investigation and won’t be released until after the election, the president said, “the election has nothing to do with four brave Americans getting killed and us wanting to find out exactly what happened. These are folks who served under me who I had sent to some very dangerous places. Nobody wants to find out more what happened than I do.” President Obama told KUSA-TV’s Kyle Clarke large that “we want to make sure we get it right, particularly because I have made a commitment to the families impacted as well as to the American people, we’re going to bring those folks to justice. So, we’re going to gather all the facts, find out exactly what happened, and make sure that it doesn’t happen again but we’re also going to make sure that we bring to justice those who carried out these attacks.” Clark pressed again. “Were they denied requests for help during the attack?” he asked.
“Well, we are finding out exactly what happened,” the president again said. “I can tell you, as I’ve said over the last couple of months since this happened, the minute I found out what was happening, I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to. Number two, we’re going to investigate exactly what happened so that it doesn’t happen again. Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice. And I guarantee you that everyone in the state department, our military, the CIA, you name it, had number one priority making sure that people were safe. These were our folks and we’re going to find out exactly what happened, but what we’re also going to do it make sure that we are identifying those who carried out these terrible attacks.” Here is one of but a few videos of President Obama responding to questions about what he did following the Benghazi attack. These videos of the President clearly saying that he gave instructions (orders?) about the Benghazi attack upon learning of it are irrefutable evidence that President Obama’s as President and Commander in Chief of US military forces, gave “very clear directives” to secure our people.
There is also much that calls those statements into question. An Excellent Spirit wrote about this story by Matt Bracken, a retired SEAL that appeared in PJ Media. In our story, we referenced Bracken’s authoritative piece and the stunning information it contained. It seems to contradict the President’s words about “orders”. “The Benghazi debacle boils down to a single key factor — the granting or withholding of “cross-border authority.” This opinion is informed by my experience as a Navy SEAL officer who took a NavSpecWar Detachment to Beirut. Once the alarm is sent – in this case, from the consulate in Benghazi — dozens of HQs are notified and are in the planning loop in real time, including AFRICOM and EURCOM, both located in Germany. Without waiting for specific orders from Washington, they begin planning and executing rescue operations, including moving personnel, ships, and aircraft forward toward the location of the crisis. However, there is one thing they can’t do without explicit orders from the president: cross an international border on a hostile mission.”
An Excellent Spirit has had some contact with the author, Matt Bracken, and believes this hero has it right. All the way. But there is more. Once the attack was known by the President and his team on the night of September 11th, a few even more curious events took place that have never been explained or investigated, to our knowledge. We refer to the relieving of commands of two senior U. S. flag rank commanders who were on active duty and were in the process of coming to the aid of our Libyan people early in the 7 hour massacre. The Washington Times reported that General Jack Ham, the commander of AFRICOM, the US military command for the Libyan region, was summarily relieved of his command because he was in the process of going to the aid of those in Libya in time to do them some good. Here The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready. General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command. The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham’s place as the head of Africom. This version of events contradicts Mr. Panetta’s October 25 statement that General Ham advised against intervention. But so far there is nothing solid to back it up. Maybe Ham attempted to send a reaction force against orders, or maybe he simply said the wrong thing to the wrong people. Perhaps he gave whomever he was talking to up the chain a piece of his mind about leaving Americans to die when there was a chance of saving them. At the very least U.S. forces might have made those who killed our people pay while they were still on the scene. The Obama White House is famously vindictive against perceived disloyalty – the administration would not let Ham get away with scolding them for failing to show the leadership necessary to save American lives. The Army’s ethos is to leave no man behind, but that is not shared by a president accustomed to leading from that location. The question remains why the repeated requests – which is to say desperate pleas – to send a relief force were refused. Perhaps Mr. Obama and his national security brain trust thought the terrorist assault would be a minor skirmish and quickly blow over. When it became clear that the attack was something more serious, they may have had visions of the rescue team getting involved in a Mogadishu-like firefight, a “Blackhawk Down 2.” This would have been too much for the risk-averse Mr. Obama, particularly in a Muslim country, and less than two months before the election. Instead they simply watched the live video hoped for the best. If there were American fatalities, they felt they could shift blame for the circumstance to the supposed Youtube video which they had already blamed for the riot at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo hours earlier. In fact the Embassy had sent out its “apology” tweets even before the Cairo riot commenced.”
It gets even “curiouser”. An Excellent Spirit covered this story of the relief of Admiral Gaouette of his command. This strange incident even had some vague hints suggesting this naval hero had been mutinous against the President. Here There have been few follow up articles on either of these two commanders being replaced, so we do not know what actually happened. It is just part of the intentional confusion and obfuscation being systematically conducted by our government and the lamestream media. Still the American people have no facts or information being provided. How are we to understand what happened if no one testifies, no one follows stories up and no one gives answers to the questions that already linger?
America is in trouble. Things are going boom in the night and no one is doing anything about it. Worse, what is being done is to sweep everything under the rug as quickly as possible. The two main actors are our own government (the “most transparent” in our history) and the lamestream media, the see nothing, print nothing, know nothing media that is losing readers and watchers by the millions as “we” get what news we can from the Internet. Stay tuned. Maybe someday Hillary Clinton will recover and testify. Maybe someone will explain how two flag commanders were relieved and why. Maybe someone will get a copy of President Obama’s order to secure our folks. Maybe. But maybe not. My Grandmother used to say, “if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.”
America is beginning to look like a beggar nation. God forbid!
A people who are in the dark as “we” are cannot expect to know the truth, get understanding or operate as those who understand the times and know what to do. It is up to the Body of Christ in America to lead the way back from darkness and ignorance by praying and by doing what God intended for each of us to do. That certainly must include becoming informed, involved and speaking up and speaking out. Think about it, America. Think about it. Christian. Then do something! Before it is too late. Benghazi is a tragedy that explains more than we think. It shows how deceived we are, not knowing what our government is doing. How helpless we are, not deserving of the truth or anything approaching the truth, such as a few facts here and there about our concerns. It shows how corrupt we have become when senior flag commanders are relieved on duty and seemingly disappear from our radar, never to be heard from or about again. It shows how useless Congress is, demanding facts, threatening investigations, receiving who know what behind closed doors and telling the American people that there will be more, only to fall silent and clueless upon the New Year.
It is time for Americans who know God and are disciples of Jesus Christ to act like it. We must pray about all this. We must hear from God what He wants each of us individually and all of us collectively, filled as we are with His Spirit of Truth, to do. We must pray with one another and plan to take action right where we are, in our neighborhoods, cities, counties and states. Begin with small actions. God’s Word tells us we are not to despise the day of small beginnings because “it is not by might, nor power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts.” (Zechariah 4:6, NKJV) The Word of God is awesome and it is completely and utterly able to accomplish what God intends for it and for us, when we act upon His Word, to accomplish. God is telling all of us that what is ahead may be daunting and the forces behind evil may be strong, but are not to oppose them by “might” (our own strength, guile and knowledge), nor power (guns, weapons of war and armies of men) but by God’s Spirit (The Holy Spirit, our comforter, guide, revelator of God’s truth to His people). Zechariah 4:6-b says, “the Lord of Hosts”. This designation is throughout the Bible. It means God, the Lord of Armies and Battles vastly greater than anything man has ever created. God’s “army” is “us”! We are those upon whom the God of Hosts, Armies and Battles will confer His Great Strength, but only if we enlist in His Army by showing up, ready for war and prayed up and pressed in for the battle that God will win for us. God told Zerubbabel that the “great mountain” would become a plain and that the hands of men and women of God (you and me) had laid the foundation of God’s Temple on Earth and would finish that Temple of God’s Habitation on the Earth!
2013. The “day of small beginnings”. Benghazi and the scandal that is yet uncovered may offer one of the “small beginnings”, but only to those who know that the battle is the Lord’s. Stay tuned. Stay alert and stay connected to God and one another. God bless America.